Friday, June 18, 2010

To-Do List?

To-Do NOVEL more like...

What started out as a quick jot-down of things that I need to accomplish this coming weekend quickly snow-balled into a time-sucking creature of insatiable appetite with a penchant for seeing me humiliate and/or harm myself.

I am an excellent organizer as long as it STAYS organized. The first time I miss a day or something doesn't get filed properly it all goes to hell. I'm hoping the lovely thought of pulling my home and life back from the red-neck/white-trash hell that it's spiraled into since my father died and it was left to someone else to care for will be a great motivator.


Each room/area has its own tab and is broken down into basic categories like Repair and Replace. I've tried to list things that I know need to be done now and started listing stuff that I might like to do in the future. Right now it takes up 7 pages, single spaced.

Granted it also contains a number of items that need to be priced or compared or farmed out to someone more competent but a lot of it I can handle myself. I've either done it before or someone somewhere wrote a book on the subject. I'll be fine. Just keep the emergency kit handy and remember that 911 is always speed dial #1.

Violin Update - I still suck. But I suck 3 times a week now :D

No comments: