Saturday, November 28, 2009

Been out of the loop for a bit, but I do have an update. As of last Monday (the 23rd, if my addled brain can recall correctly) there will be no more red meat, no more alcohol (at least if I want to continue to be able to take aspirin when needed, and when you get brain-cell killing migraines, it's needed), no more chocolate, and... even typing this brings sad little tears to my eyes... no more cheese! I think I'll miss you most of all, Sharp Cheddar. Also, no more stress... Fat chance, but hey I'm trying. I won't go into details but the blurb-version of it all is - 'Cause my callus, asshole doctor said so."

Considering the list, I've wasted the last 6 months learning French. :-(

So far I'm okay with it. I've even been able to lay off the sodas for the last 5 days (my one great addiction is Dr Pepper). But I feel that after a week or so of this I'll start going through the caffeine withdrawal DT's and then I'll just be a whiny, grumpy mess from the lack of cheesy goodness. I can survive the no chocolate part, as horrible as it may seem; I've done it before. But I feel the red meat and cheese thing just might push me over the edge,

Oh and to those people who keep pulling that "One little bite won't kill you.... here try this....do you want a giant chunk of Colby..." STOP IT!!!!! Geez, what's the point in trying to get healthier if all you're going to do is wave Muenster under my nose?

So to sum it up - Veggies good (which I'm already perfectly okay with); yummy-in-my-tummy moo babies and the delish items created from their byproducts bad.

If anyone needs me I'll be sniffing the deli bin and recalling all the fond memories of grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas that have been spawned there.

No comments: