Sunday, April 25, 2010

Motivation Thru Fear of Embarassment

I figure it would be best to use my overwhelming fear of making an ass of myself in front of others as a motivator instead of a hindrance, so I give you this set of entries which will have a corresponding audio set as soon as I can figure out how to do it. (Hopefully this won't become like the cooking one that sadly had to end because I officially have no oven. I have a stove and a broiler; just no oven...)


November, 2009 - Let the mid-life crisis begin!

It was the nicest looking cheap violin on Overstock. It was good for a start and to see if I actually might follow though on it but it was a cheap POS that would have ended up costing me more to fix it than I -ever- paid for it.




When in doubt, head for the Dummies books. This was the second book I bought but it has helped me more than all of the others. It's just a pain to keep it open to play any of the songs so... (see following photo of the child-friendly books that keep second graders entertained and 30 something wannabes confused)





DVDs, CDs and lots of cute little animals to murder (Mary's little lamb, noisy stingy black sheep, exploding weasels, sensory-challenged rodents). In the past 5 months and the handful of times I've been able to really practice, they've been my only source of instruction.




February 4th, 2010 - My new baby (complete with helpful little note markers, or what I like to call Idiot Strips)








April 25th - I haven't practiced since the end of February. Bye-bye nails. They look so sad and stubby :-(

No comments: