Thursday, August 27, 2009

Music to Make Meatloaf To

Last night's meatloaf was a success and even more successful sandwhich for today. My favorite recipes are the ones that make great snacks for the next day. They just seem more worth the effort.

I've been wondering if what you feel/want at the time you're preparing something plays a part in how the dish finally ends up. Mood doesn't seem to have an effect when I'm cooking but with baking it makes a huge difference. There's nothing quite so depressing as angry cookies.

Music is a very important part of my life- It helps at work and sets the pace for certain jobs. It helps me handle all the jerks I have to deal with on my morning commute. It drowns out the sound of 2 seperate tv's blaring and snoring through the wall. But I've never stopped to think about what affect it has on my cooking.

The soundtrack last night was a little... eccentric, but it all turned out okay.
  1. Tom Waits - Low Down
  2. Neko Case - Mayeb Sparrow
  3. Massive Attack - Karmacoma
  4. Peter Bjorn and John - Nothing to Worry About
  5. Rusted Root - Cruel Sun
  6. Civet - Son of a Bitch
  7. Neko Case - Prison Girls

I wonder what Motorhead fueled cupcakes might taste like...

No comments: