Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Saturday, Aug. 15th - Wednesday, Aug. 26th

This past weekend was pretty much a lazy, leftovers kind of time. No fancy menu, no new and exciting meals to force feed to my family. There something to be said about lounging about in PJ's all day and finishing 3 excellent paperbacks (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, 1-3). Even Pi and Conner were enjoying the superb laziness.

Saturday was chilli-dogs and oven-baked tater-tots. I think they contributed a great deal to Sunday's level of lazy.

Sunday was Eggplant Parmesana. I'm a texture person; that means the meal can taste like perfection but certain textures like grainy (anything that feels like you dropped a spoonful of soil into it) and gooey (bread pudding feels like a head cold) are just wrong. Forgotten in the oven and consequently overcooked eggplant is not a good texture. Thank god for the Chicken Parmesana I made for the one who thinks the only suitable vegetables are corn and whatever can be found on a fast-food burger.

Monday I was sick. No food for me. And since I couldn't take my allergy meds, not even junk food for me. Tuesday was more of the same. Needless to say, this morning's cautiously eaten breakfast of stale Chex Mix and string cheese was absolutely delicious.

Now that I feel better, I'm thinking Meatloaf tonight (actually I was thinking 'rare steak with just a little bit of sear with a side of baked sweet potato and a tall Jack and Coke' but I don't want to push it. I'll save that for this weekend.)

And before I forget -

CLARIFICATION: If it's something that is easily found in most standard cookbooks/on the internet, I won't post a recipe. If you'd like a copy of any particular recipe, just let me know.

No comments: