Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tues, Aug 18 and Wed, Aug 19

I'll edit and post the recipe some time tonight... or tomorrow... or...

Tuesday's dinner - Cheesy Garden Vegetables

I made this a loooong time ago when I was in 4-H. I'll wait for the laughter to subside. Got it out of your system? Then let's continue. I used to be proud to cook; I was a culinary geek. Eating this reminded me of when I actually used my skill to achieve something other than a wider butt.

It's mainly cheese sauce with some veggies thrown in for texture, but it's quick, easy and earned me a first place trophy and a chance to see the exotic locale that is Brownsville, TX.

Wednesday's dinner - Skillet Lasagna and Tomatoes Provencal

The lasagna was from a magazine that will remain nameless because I fear Martha-Stewart-esque retribution, espcially since it helped prove once and for all that my traditional lasagna's better.

The Tomatoes Provencal was a last minute addition when I noticed that the pile of tomatoes on the counter were just this side of tempramental water balloons. I shunned basic science and was stuck on the idea that baking will only make them better, not enhance the ick. Wrong. Breaded bitter killer tomatoes anyone?

No comments: